Chefs of all levels - STRATFORD UPON AVON APPLY NOW
Chef de Partie / Commis Chef / Sous – Stratford Upon Avon
Yorks Café, Restaurant & All Day Dining
BRAND NEW RESTAURANT CONCEPT Stratford Upon Avon
After the roaring success of our cafe Stratford High Street over the last 18 months, we're now very excited and delighted to be backflip-diving in with all our feet and arms and everything, into our second home in Stratford, and we'd love you to be a part of it.
We’ve been rolling with the wild winds in the breakfast crowd since 2012, building the blocks for what feels like centuries. Have a snoop round some other places you’ll see a few of our classics being beautifully referenced. That’s a badge of honour of influence like we have worn our influences too.
Yorks exists to be the best part of people's day. Not just our customers day, but your day too. Read on, this could be the start of something incredible.
Things we’ve done:
· Roast our own coffee in Birmingham
· Cook from fresh
· Serve wholesale clients
· Bake our own cakes and breads
· Promoted from within
· Promoted awareness for local issues such as homelessness
· Generated jobs during Covid
· Served over 1200 plates of food per weekend
· Made over 2500 coffees per week
· Had recognition from nationwide industry voices
· Set up a Central Production Kitchen
Things we are going to do
· Develop our reputation to include seated casual restaurant
· Help build new hospitality communities within new locations
· Increase food knowledge with our teams with progressive developing training programs
· Provide more wholesale contracts to UK football teams, educational institutes, and local business
· Work closely within the community whether its charities or raising awareness as part of our Soul in the Machine brand
· Open 3 more locations this year – more restaurant focused
· Increase our talent pool at an upper management level (promote from within)
· Move into curated alcohol menus
Things we want you to help us with
· Building the right teams
· Enjoying hard working environments
· Train and develop people who work under you
· Work as a brand ambassador for Yorks
· Have a ‘Can do’ positive outlook
· Help us recruit YOUR teams
· Help us Launch an exciting new concept
· Financial reporting / budgeting and HR maintenance
· Weekly reporting
· Working with our upper management and development team
Don't let the word "Cafe" put you off. We're seriously passionate about the food we serve and as a result, have been hailed by critics and the media as one of the best brunch destinations in the country. We've spent 9 years building our team and reputation for incredible own-roasted coffee, bakery, brunch and of course being the best part of people's day. The last 18 months have prompted a re-think for many of us; we aim for our legacy to be measured not by financial success, but by the positive impact we leave behind and impact we've had on others. We aim to make positive local change for global good.
Have a look at our instagram for a quick insight into what we do @yorkscafe. We were also recently featured on Topjaw (@topjaw) when they visited Birmingham - well worth checking out. We have cafes in Birmingham and Stratford Upon Avon and have some very exciting plans over the coming year.
What will you be up to day to day as CDP / Commis Chef?
- Efficient management of your section
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within your section
- Assisting the Head Chef and the team in creating our magnificent menu items.
- Preparing meat and fish
- Assisting with the management of health and safety and food hygiene practices
- Managing and training other kitchen staff as required.
- Monitoring portion and waste control
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
- Feeding back any issues to the head chef at the venue.
Other Roles available, please don’t hesitate to apply if you think these suit better. You can find the ad on here, or send your CV to us.
Front of House Restaurant Manager (Full Time)
Front of House Assistant Manager (Full Time)
Bar Manager (Full Time)
Barista & Front of House Team members (Part Time)
Kitchen Porter (Part Time)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
|||Stratford Upon Avon|||Front of House Team||||||yaHUMQnozvoDqt_a|||PART_TIME|||GBP|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false